Bradley’s Auto Service in Red Bank, NJ offers professional car AC repair and service. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
It’s the middle of summer and the heat is sweltering hot. Stepping into a car without a working AC under these conditions can be downright unbearable. If your car’s air conditioning has stopped working, don’t continue to be miserable every time you have to get into your vehicle. The experienced team at Bradley’s Auto in Red Bank, NJ can diagnose your air conditioning issues and perform the proper car AC repair to get your system back in full working order.
Why is Your Car’s Air Conditioning Not Working?
There are a few things that can cause your car’s AC to stop working correctly. These issues include:
- Leaking refrigerant, most frequently in the unit hose connections
- Blocked/clogged condenser which will make the A/C unit expel hot air
- Broken condenser
- Electrical issues which can be hard to diagnose with a simple visual inspection
- Faulty cooling fans which means the condenser may not receive properly cooling
- Bad compressor which means the refrigerant cannot circulate through the system
- Vacuum leaks
- Failed switch, fuse, relay, control module, blend door or solenoid
Signs Your Car AC is Not Working Correctly
The obvious sign that your car AC is not working is that no cold is circulating through your car. However, your air conditioner might still be working, just not as well as it could be. In this case there are a few signs that you might need car AC repair.
- There is a diminished level of cooling provided
- The air conditioner makes unusual noises while running
- Odor emanates from the air conditioning vents
- Water pools within the cabin after running your car’s air conditioning
How Much Does Car AC Repair Cost?
First things first, unless you are experienced in dealing with cars, you should avoid the temptation of trying to service your car’s AC on your own. Improper service could damage your system more and require even more expensive repairs. In a lot of cases, your AC may simply need new refrigerant. In others, a recharge by our R1234YF Car AC recharge kit will do the trick. In any case, both options will be cheaper than repairing any actual parts in the system. If a leak is found or a part is faulty, we’ll need to replace it with the proper part, which varies by car model. For this reason the cost will vary from model to model.
Replacing the whole system will be the most costly option and one that will only be suggested if repairs cannot restore the system to a fully functioning state. Making sure you have your system serviced at the first sign of trouble is a good way to avoid having to do a full AC replacement.
Visit Our Red Bank, NJ Shop For Car AC Repair
If you know or suspect that your car’s cooling system isn’t working properly, don’t wait until the hottest months of the year to get it fixed. Call or contact Bradley’s Auto in Red Bank, New Jersey today to schedule car AC repair. Our ASE certified mechanics have built a reputation for providing honest, professional auto services. We have experience with all makes and models.