An engine is what gives your vehicle the power to run. It is a complex machine with many moving parts, and years of constant driving will eventually start to take their toll, especially if the engine has not kept up with regular maintenance or oil changes.
If you are having engine troubles and suspect you may be in need of a replacement, make it a priority to have your vehicle examined by our professionals before it’s too late.
Our mechanics will quickly assess the situation and come up with a game plan to help get your vehicle moving again. If it’s determined that your engine cannot be repaired, and that rebuilding it would prove impractical or impossible, our engine replacement service may be the solution.
Signs That You Might Need Your Engine Replaced
If you’ve noticed any of the following symptoms, they may be signs that your engine has suffered significant damage and is in need of replacement:
- The Check Engine Light is On – although the “check engine” light has become something of a running joke over the years, it’s important to remember that it actually serves an important purpose, and can be your first indication that something is amiss with your engine.
- Loud and Unusual Noises – if you hear loud knocking or rattling sounds coming from your vehicle, it is very likely that it’s being caused by damage to the engine or its components, such as worn-out bearings and broken piston rings.
- Loss of Power – failing to start or reliably maintain power are major indications that your engine is in a state of disrepair and in critical need of replacement.
- Increased Fuel Consumption – if your vehicle is consuming fuel at an unusually high rate, it may be a sign that your engine is getting old and needs to be replaced. The older an engine gets, the less efficiency it has, so be sure to take note of any gas mileage discrepancies.
- Abnormally Smoky or Colorful Exhaust – if you notice a significant increase in the amount of smoke coming from your exhaust, or a change in its coloration, it could be an indication of an aging engine in need of replacement.
- Metal Shavings – if you find metal shavings in your vehicle’s oil, it strongly suggests that your engine’s parts are so severely worn down that failure is practically inevitable.
It is important to note these symptoms can be caused by a variety of issues, and do not exclusively indicate a case for engine replacement. That is why it is paramount to have your vehicle diagnosed as quickly as possible; the sooner the origin of the problem can be identified, the sooner a solution can be found.
Visit Our Red Bank, NJ Shop For Professional Engine Replacement Services
If you know or suspect that your vehicle’s engine needs to be replaced, call or contact Bradley’s Auto in Red Bank, New Jersey to schedule an appointment for our engine replacement service.
Our ASE-certified mechanics have built a reputation for providing honest, professional auto services, and will help solve your vehicle’s problems in any way they can, and that includes engine replacement.