Bradley’s Auto Service in Red Bank, NJ offers professional suspension repair and maintenance services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Your vehicle’s suspension works in conjunction with the steering in order to keep your tires on the road and allow you to properly control where you’re going. If your vehicle starts bouncing, swaying, squeaking, or simply becomes harder to control, you very likely have a problem with your suspension. If you are experiencing any of these problems, do not delay in bringing your vehicle in for a thorough diagnostic inspection. The experts at Bradley’s Auto Service will conduct a thorough investigation into your vehicle’s steering, suspension, and any other possible causes for your vehicle’s handling problems.
Common Signs Your Car Needs Suspension Repair
How can you know that it’s time for the suspension in your car to be repaired? Luckily, many of the common signs will be hard to ignore. Some of the things you should look out for include:
- Rough or bumpy car rides – If your car has driven relatively smoothly on the road in the past, but you have started to “feel” the road much more, the likely culprit is a worn suspension.
- Drifting or pulling when turning – With a failing suspension system, you’ll often feel the vehicle “drift” or “pull” when you’re turning. This basically means the shocks are no longer keeping the vehicle body stable against the centrifugal force of a turn, increasing your risk of a rollover.
- Dips or “nose dives” when stopping – When the shocks in your vehicle are worn out, you may notice your car lurching forward when you apply the brakes. This can make it harder to stop your car quickly and increase the likelihood of getting into an accident.
- Tire treads are uneven – If you notice your tires are uneven, and the treads are balding on one side much more than the other, it is a probable symptom of a suspension issue.
- Your vehicle fails the “bounce test” – Lean your body weight on the front of your parked vehicle and then move away quickly. If the vehicle bounces more than twice, suspect a problem with your shocks and struts.
- Loud squeaking – If you can hear squeaking, especially when turning or braking, you should bring your vehicle in to be inspected.
Consider Bringing Your Car in For Suspension Maintenance
Even if you don’t see any obvious signs of suspension problems, it is a good habit to have a professional perform a routine inspection. Depending on how much you use your vehicle you may want to schedule a suspension inspection more or less frequently. Some people have their vehicles checked once or twice a year like clockwork, whereas others will schedule to have service done after a few thousand miles. Either way, getting into a routine is the important part.
Visit Our Red Bank, NJ Shop For Suspension Repair Services
If you suspect you may be having a problem with your suspension, don’t wait for it to get worse. Call or contact Bradley’s Auto Service in Red Bank, New Jersey today to schedule a comprehensive diagnostic inspection. Our ASE certified mechanics have built a reputation for providing honest, professional auto services.