Bradley’s Auto Service in Red Bank, NJ offers professional suspension repair and maintenance services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Your vehicle’s suspension keeps your tires on the road and allows you to control your vehicle by absorbing shocks and bumps from the road. If you notice bouncing, swaying, squeaking, or difficulty in controlling your vehicle, it could very well indicate a suspension problem. Ignoring these signs can cause further damage and increase the risk of accidents, making it crucial to bring your vehicle to Bradley’s Auto Service for a diagnostic inspection as soon as possible.
Our team of experts at Bradley’s Auto Service will thoroughly inspect your vehicle’s suspension and steering system using advanced diagnostic equipment. We’ll develop a customized repair plan based on your vehicle’s specific needs. Our highly skilled and experienced technicians will work diligently to get your vehicle back on the road in optimal condition. Contact us today if you’re experiencing any handling issues with your vehicle, and we’ll be happy to help you resolve them.
Common Signs Your Car Needs Suspension Repair
How can you know that it’s time for the suspension in your car to be repaired? Luckily, many of the common signs will be hard to ignore. Some of the things you should look out for include:
- Rough or bumpy car rides – If your car has driven relatively smoothly on the road in the past, but you have started to “feel” the road much more, the likely culprit is a worn suspension.
- Drifting or pulling when turning – With a failing suspension system, you’ll often feel the vehicle “drift” or “pull” when you’re turning. This basically means the shocks are no longer keeping the vehicle body stable against the centrifugal force of a turn, increasing your risk of a rollover.
- Dips or “nose dives” when stopping – When the shocks in your vehicle are worn out, you may notice your car lurching forward when you apply the brakes. This can make it harder to stop your car quickly and increase the likelihood of getting into an accident.
- Tire treads are uneven – If you notice your tires are uneven and the treads are balding on one side much more than the other, it is a probable symptom of a suspension issue.
- Your vehicle fails the “bounce test” – Lean your body weight on the front of your parked vehicle and then move away quickly. If the vehicle bounces more than twice, suspect a problem with your shocks and struts.
- Loud squeaking – If you can hear squeaking, especially when turning or braking, you should bring your vehicle in to be inspected.
Consider Bringing Your Car in For Suspension Maintenance
Even if you don’t see any obvious signs of suspension problems, it is a good habit to have a professional perform a routine inspection. Depending on how much you use your vehicle, you may want to schedule a suspension inspection more or less frequently. Some people have their vehicles checked once or twice a year like clockwork, whereas others will schedule to have service done after a few thousand miles. Either way, getting into a routine is the important part.
Visit Our Red Bank, NJ Shop For Suspension Repair Services
If you suspect you may be having a problem with your suspension, don’t wait for it to get worse. Call or contact Bradley’s Auto Service in Red Bank, New Jersey, today to schedule a comprehensive diagnostic inspection. Our ASE-certified mechanics have built a reputation for providing honest, professional auto services.